I do love the adventurous spirit of Alice in Wonderland. In Wonderland all things are possible. One of my favorite quotes from the Lewis Caroll original revolves around impossible things:
"Why sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Because sometimes believing that you can do things that are impossible is what you need to have the faith to move forward and challenge yourself. It's that faith that gets you safely in and out of Wonderland while having the most wonderful adventure called life.
Some seemingly impossible things I've believed that I could do:
- Get non-fiction published under my own name, but my byline has appeared in national newspapers and magazines, and blogs all over the web. I've also ghost-written all sorts of pieces for all sorts of people.
- Get fiction published - after years of trying, I managed to get two stories in accepted in the space of a week.
- Start my own business, and here we are. My clients have been large corporations like Google, HP and Intuit and one large non-profit called the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Run five half-marathons.
- Meet William Shatner, Bill Gates, and Jimmy Carter.
Isn't it time to get started on your impossible things?
- Deborah Lacy, Chief Storyteller